Blu Lu is a highly endangered blue-throated macaw. There are less than 300 birds left in the wild. Hatched in captivity, Blu Lu is an avian ambassador for the conservation project The Bird Endowment. (www.BirdEndowment.org
) Her artwork raises money for parrot conservation and other charities. She is named after blues singer Blu Lu Barker. She is trained by Barbara Heidenreich (www.GoodBirdInc.com
ENTER TO WIN A PAINTING BY BLU LU
Blu Lu specializes in imagery that features parrot species commonly kept as companion animals. Each piece is unique. Here are the instructions to enter to win a framed original painting by Blu Lu:
- Review the collection of paintings here or at www.chirpingcentral.com and pick your favorites.
- Visit www.chirpingcentral.com to buy your raffle tickets.
- Buy as many as you wish for each of your preferred paintings. There is no limit on how many times you can enter.
- Winners to will be drawn by Blu Lu on August 1sst, 2012. This will be filmed and posted to the two websites. Winners will also be notified directly. The three paintings that receive the most entries will be drawn live at the American Federation of Aviculture (AFA) conference in San Antonio, TX August 16-18.
- Deadline for online entries is 12 midnight CST, July 31st, 2012. In person entries will be accepted for the top three pieces up until the live drawing at the AFA conference.
All funds will be donated to the Bird Endowment, a non-profit organization dedicated to saving blue-throated macaws. Their Nido Adoptivo ™ program funds the building and monitoring of artificial nest boxes for wild blue-throated macaws. Competition with other species for nest sites has contributed to the macaws’ demise. Supplemental nesting has made a difference for these rare parrots. ( www.BirdEndowment.org